Thursday, May 14, 2009

Being content

Boy, it's been a while since I've blogged! Can't believe I haven't been on here since January. Yikes. Not a whole lot has changed...just workin and enjoyin life.


Mother's Day was pretty intense at the flower shop. Even busier than Valentine's day! I didn't do any arrangements tho- they had 4 florists on duty. The closest I got to making an arrangement (well I guess I did do a couple bud vases and wrapped flowers) was greening a container. Which means I put the green foam stuff in the basket, watered it with preservative water, taped it down so it was secure, and took leather (the green leafy stuff) and stuck it in all over to create a green basket for the flowers to be poked into. Otherwise I got to deliver flowers, or take orders.


Here's an arrangement I did a WHILE ago, I have done many more since this one, but it was the last one I took a picture of.

Ok, so the title of this post is on being content. I have been reading some Anne of Green Gables while at work at the coffee shop and and currently reading Anne of Avonlea. I just love it! It's been so long since I've read it. Anyways, there was a conversation going on in one part of a chapter between Mrs. Allen and Anne, concerning whether or not she may get to go to college. I just really loved it and wanted to share with ya'll....

" Well, I should like to see you go to college, Anne; but if you never do, don't be discontented about it. We make our own lives wherever we are, after all...college can only help us to do it more easily. They are broad or narrow according to what we put into them, not what we get out. Life is rich and full here...everywhere...if we can only learn how to open our whole hearts to it's richness and fullness."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Anne and Mrs. Allen's convo! I loved it!

Your arrangement is lovely! I think working in a flower shop would be alot of fun!

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging my girl! I really like the flowers you put together and I especially like the excerpt from Anne of Avonlea. Those books have some of the best, best tidbits of wisdom in them. Thanks for sharing it.

Mom

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

It's so good to see you back! It sounds like life is quite busy between marriage, flowers and coffee, but you have been missed.
Joyce