Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am my Mother's daughter

For we both are coffee lovers. I can't get through a day without having at least one cup of java. I try to limit myself to just one however. But I am definately addicted, I know, because if I don't get it then I am on the road to an all day headache. I guess working at a coffee shop doesn't help my addiction. I just makes it easier to have free java and therefore not allow for coffee spending money in my budget- yes I used to have a coffee fund! Otherwise the $$ would come out of the grocery money or from somewhere else, I just had to face that fact and make room for java...but not since I have had my coffee slingin' job which I love dearly. Anyways.... I am trying to eat better this new year and so I'm also seeing the health benefits of drinking coffee like my Mom also posted about earlier on her blog. In Health magazine's Jan./Feb. 2009 issue, swigging java was their number 6 point in their 30 fast, new fat-burners! It said that the caffeine in about two cups of coffee boosts your metabolism for about an hour and a half after you drink it! Sweet. Though the results are best when drinking it black, no cream or sugar (as that blunts that effect). I am a little sad, as I do love a good americano with a bit of cream and of course the yummy sugar-y lattes. But hey, at least it's got caffeine to boost my metabolism, even if it is a touch slowed down by the milk and sugar.
Here's a picture of my afternoon cup o' Joe I brewed myself- since the coffee shop is closed on Sundays. It was yummy none the less...especially with a few valentines hugs to go along with!


Here's to you, my good friend Joe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! :)

The Beauty of the Lord said...

I must admit that I am a tea girly myself! Regardless of what caffeinated beverage one prefers, there is just something about brewing and then sipping that warm goodness down. :)

Charming Simplicity said...

"Joe" is my friend too! I often find I need that kick-in-the-pants in the morning, otherwise it's too painful to leave the house (Gotta run by 7 am for class). I also like Chai tea--the mix--not the teabag.

Gumbo Lily said...

The Nut did not fall far from the Tree. I am so glad to find these nuggets of goodness in the Health magazines and articles, but I already trust my judgment that my cuppa is a "good thing."

Mom, lately drinking her Joe black.