Monday, January 12, 2009

Eat your fruit!

Lately my Mom has been reminding me how important it is to eat your fruit daily....but I mean like 3 servings a day!! Wow. Well, I know I probably won't eat that many servings of fruit in each day, but I am trying. I just picked out a new glass bowl (from a gift card I received for Christmas) so I decided to put my fruit in it on the table to remind me and my hubby that we need to eat it. Otherwise the fruit sits in the drawer in the fridge and I forget about it until it's growing mold...eeiiiwww. Plus it makes a pretty center piece!




Happy New Year!




3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Such a pretty bowl, Grace! And I'm so happy that you're taking my advice. Now, I suppose, that means I need to abide by it too?

I like the new banner. It reminds me of home.

Happy New Year!
Love you,
Mom

Gumbo Lily said...

(Email From Joanne)

Hi Grace,
I hope you don't mind, but I followed your Mom's blog(rabbit trail) over to your blog and wanted to leave a comment.
Both you and your Mom take such excellent photos!
I love the header on your blog....just so wintery!
Is that near your Parent's Ranch?
It's hard to believe that a road that seems so barren could be just so beautiful!
I also love your amaryllis photo! I always think of your mom when I see an amaryllis at Christmas time as I remember her sharing that it is one of her traditions....she has now passed it along to you!:)
And....a little birdy passed along some news so I wanted to wish you much success! You will do an awesome job...I just know it!
All the best!and...
Eat your three fruits a day, just like your mom taught you:)
love,
Joanne in cold and wintery Ontario

Simply Grace said...

Thanks Joanne! Yes it is a picture of the dirt/gravel road leading out to my parents ranch...it's almost 7 miles away in that picture. My hubby told me to pull over and take a picture because he thought it was such a neat view.

Thanks Mom and YES you have to abide by it too! I will be calling to check up on you..... :)