Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September is my favorite month

It isn't really...well, maybe it is. I don't know for sure if I actually have a favorite month. But it IS the month that my birthday is in! I just celebrated it on Monday with my husband. It is the first time since we have been married that we have celebrated either of our birthdays.


My husband is sooooo sweet and thoughtful that he made me a special dinner. Now, the day of my birthday he didn't tell me anything, only that I should expect to have dinner with him, but not saying where or if he was making it, etc. Actually, I figured it out (that he was cookin') but only because he bumped into a friend of ours in the grocery store and she visited me at work and mentioned that she saw my DH there and asked if he was just making dinner for my birthday or if he did it every week. So I told him that I KNEW he was cooking but he wouldn't tell me what. Well, that wonderful man of mine made Cordon Bleu, mashed potatoes and baked broccoli.
Mmmmmm it was SO good! I had never had Cordon Bleu before, and he had never made it before either but it was so delicious. Then to top it all off he bought me a dozen beautiful red roses - the LAST dozen in the whole town. My two younger brothers also bought me two green roses that are pictured with DH's red roses which was very sweet of them.

It was the first time I had received a dozen roses from him also. It was such a wonderful evening and a great way to celebrate and it will be a fond memory to look back on as our years together grow.

3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

You're blessed to have such a thoughtful hubby. That dinner looks scrumptch! Maybe he could invite Dad and I over for supper some night?

Happy Birthday Grace!
Love,
Mom

Sweet Home Livin' said...

What a wonderfully sweet husband! I'm so happy for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace!
SO glad to see that your in the blogging world now!
Looks like a fun Birthday, and Happy Birthday 3 days late. I was actually trying to remember when yours was, I knew it wasn't far from mine. Mine's tomorrow, and am excited to see what my sweetie has planned! :)